Rats! WebGL hit a snag error is a common issue in Google Chrome & it comes when you are browsing the sites on chrome. You can ignore this error but it will continuously distract you a lot from your work and will keep appearing again and again.
This error can also appear while watching High-Quality videos or while playing high graphics online games on your computer. If you are facing rats WebGL hit a snag chrome, Here are some simple solutions that can fix this issue on your PC.
What is WebGL (Web Graphics Library)?
The benefits of using the WebGL
The various advantages you can see while using WebGL are:
- The WebGL has an easy setup process, you don’t need any additional setup to do this process.
- You just need only a browser and a text editor to create an application of WebGL.
- WebGL is a type of open-source application and you can quickly view the source code of the library.
- You can also access this library in mobile browsers like IOS, Android browser, etc.
Solutions to Fix “RATS WebGL hit a snag” Error
- By Enabling the Hardware Acceleration
- Reset the Google Chrome Browser to Fix
- By Updating the Google Chrome
- Fix By Disabling WebGL
- Disable The Accelerated Graphic
- By Resetting the Experimental Features
Fix 1: By Enabling the Hardware Acceleration
This is a simple process to fix WebGL Hit a snag error. Follow the below-listed instructions to fix this error by enabling hardware acceleration:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Customize.
- You’ll see the Google Chrome Button in the top-right corner, Control it.
- Now click on Settings from the drop-down menu on your screen.
- Open advanced Google Chrome settings by clicking on Advanced.
- Now locate settings under the System tab and Enable the Use hardware acceleration option.
- Close it and re-launch the browser, Save the changes.
If the website is loading by using this method then the browser will load the WebGL content without any error.
Fix 2: Reset the Google Chrome Browser to Fix
Sometimes, The unintentional settings in Google Chrome may occur rats WebGL hit a snag error and you don’t notice it, So you should reset the Chrome settings to easily fix this error. You can simply reset the settings by using these steps:
- Open the home page of Google Chrome browser on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the 3 dots (menu option) from the top right corner of the window.
- Click on the settings from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see the Google Chrome settings, Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Go to the end of the page and tap on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- After that it will show you a popup on your screen, Then just click on the Reset option.
After clicking on reset, You should re-launch the browser and try to load the website again.
Fix 3: By Updating the Google Chrome
The browser is not compatible with WebGL content if the browser has not been updated for a long time. Therefore, you can fix this error by updating your browser to the latest version.
- First of all, Open Google Chrome on your PC or laptop.
- Click on the menu option from the top right corner of the screen.
- This option will inform you for update the browser by turning into different colors such as it will turn green if an update pending for 2 days, orange for 4 days and red for 7 days.
- Now, you have to click on Update option to update your Google Chrome Browser and wait for the process to finish (If you don’t see the Update Google Chrome option, then you already have the latest version).
- Re-launch the browser and try loading the website again.
Fix 4: By Disabling WebGL
Unfortunately, If you’re still facing this problem, you should try to fix “Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag” error by disabling the WebGL. So follow the steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC as like the previous method.
- On the URL field, copy/paste “Chrome://flags”.
- And press Enter to proceed.
- Search for the WebGL entry by pressing Ctrl + F keys.
- Click its drop-down and choose Disabled.
- Now, Click on the Relaunch Now to Restart Chrome on your system.
Now, you’ll be able to load any site on your browser. If you’re not then going to the next method.
Fix 5: Disable The Accelerated Graphic
It’s a very easy method to fix this error, follow the steps to disable the accelerated graphics:
- First of all, Launch the Chrome on your Windows 10 PC.
- Click on the 3 dots (menu option) from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll the button and Click Advanced.
- Then click on the Disable Graphics.
- Now, re-launch Chrome to resolve Rats! WebGL hit a snag Error.
Fix 6: By Resetting the Experimental Features
Resetting the experimental features is a common way to fix WebGL issue on your browser. As we discussed in the previous method, Firstly, Launch the Chrome and copy-paste “Chrome://flags” and press Enter. Now, click Reset all to default button on the upper right. Then, re-launch Chrome and try loading the sites.
If these methods couldn’t fix rats WebGL hit a snag error, Then it’s not a browser’s problem. In this case, you should check your computer to fix this error.
Type Of Browser which Supports WebGL
There are so many web browsers available on the internet that support the WebGL. Mainly 11 or above version of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari version, 36 or above version of Firefox, and 27 or above version of Opera support the WebGL.
WebGL offers 3D and 2D graphics also in mobile browsers. Many browsers support the WebGL such as Android version of chrome, 8.3 version of IOS Safari, Operamini, Blackberry browser, etc.
TIP: Disable Modern Setup Host to prevent High CPU usage while installing windoes update.
Rats! WebGL Hit A Snag chrome is really irritating you while you working on your computer. Mainly this error occurs due to incompatibility of browser with the WebGL content. It’s not a big issue, You can easily fix this error by using the above methods. If these methods didn’t solve your problem, you can ask us and our team will provide you an alternative way to fix this error.